- Quick start
- Working with HotlinkBlocker
- Product information
To manually install HotlinkBlocker you will need to download distinct installation package. Run HotlinkBlockerXXXX_manual.exe and unpack it to some folder. The content of installation package should be as follows:
- HotlinkBlocker.dll – this is a HotlinkBlocker ISAPI filter itself. You need to add this ISAPI filter to the site you wish to enable HotlinkBlocker.
- HotlinkBlockerMSG.dll – this is resource library needed to correctly display Event Log messages.
- HotlinkBlocker.ini – this is a configuration file template. Put this file into the folder with HotlinkBlocker.dll and edit.
- HotlinkBlocker.chm – this is a HotlinkBlocker documentation.
Please follow these steps to manually install HotlinkBlocker:
- Copy HotlinkBlockerMSG.dll into your SYSTEM32 folder and import HotlinkBlockerMSG.reg into the registry. This step is not required unless you want to see error message descriptions in the Event Log.
- Copy HotlinkBlocker.dll into some folder and register it as ISAPI filter for the site. We suggest you to create a separate instance of HotlinkBlocker.dll file for each site you are going to enable HotlinkBlocker. HotlinkBlocker.dll cannot be registered as a global ISAPI filter, only site level registration supported.
- Copy HotlinkBlocker.ini file into same folder where you have installed HotlinkBlocker.dll and open it for edit. Configuration file directives explained in a Text file configuration chapter.
- Put some unique string after the 'Signature='. This string will be used as a key for MD5 function to sign your URLs. We suggest you to put a new GUID string there.
- Uncomment or add some lines to [Protect] section of ini file to start protecting your content.
- If you have Registration name and Registration key put it into the httpd.ini as well.
|© 2002 - 2007 Helicon Tech. All rights reserved.|