ISAPI_Rewrite 3 - Apache .htaccess mod_rewrite compatible module for IIS
ISAPI_Rewrite is a powerful regular-expressions-based URL rewriter
for IIS. It is compatible with Apache mod_rewrite
making it possible to move configurations from Apache to IIS and vice
versa just by copying .htaccess files (please see
chart). It is used for search engine optimization, to proxy another
server's content, stop hotlinking or strengthen server security.
Top features of ISAPI_Rewrite:
- The same syntax and behavior
as of Apache mod_rewrite make it possible to migrate configurations
just by copying .htaccess files. Read more about mod_rewrite
- Regular expressions for flexible and powerful configurations.
- Extremely fast and highly scalable pure C++ code.
- Real distributed configurations: global
server level, virtual host (web site) level, directory
level .htaccess files with real-time monitoring.
- Isolation – user level configuration
affects only local user environment making ISAPI_Rewrite
an ideal solution for web hosting providers.
Top usage examples:
- Search engine optimization. Read more.
- Proxying content of one web server through another web server.
- Prevention of content leeching (direct linking).
- Blocking specific hosts, referrers or annoying robots.
- Content negotiation - serving different files for different language or different browsers.
- Load balancing emulation for web cluster.
Please find more useful examples in ISAPI_Rewrite
and in Apache documentation here http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/misc/rewriteguide.html
Most Apache examples can run with ISAPI_Rewrite without modification.
- Free 45-day trial period.
- Single server (computer) license - $99.
- ISAPI_Rewrite Lite version is Freeware!
(Read on specific limitations).
- Volume discounts available!
to get older versions of ISAPI_Rewrite.
and the Windows Vista Start button are trademarks or registered
trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States
and/or other countries.