- Working with ISAPI_Rewrite
- ISAPI_Rewrite directives
- Release notes
ISAPI_Rewrite is a powerful regular-expressions-based URL manipulation module for IIS. It is compatible with Apache mod_rewrite syntax, which makes it possible to move configurations from Apache to IIS and vice versa just by copying .htaccess files. Please see this compatibility chart.
Top features of ISAPI_Rewrite:
- ISAPI_Rewrite offers the same syntax and behavior as Apache mod_rewrite making it possible to migrate configurations just by copying .htaccess files. Read more about mod_rewrite compatibility here.
- Regular expressions for flexible and powerful configurations.
- Extremely fast and highly scalable pure C++ code.
- Real distributed configurations: global (server) level, virtual host (web site) level, directory level .htaccess files with real-time monitoring.
- Isolation – user level configuration affects only local user environment making ISAPI_Rewrite ideal solution for web hosting providers.
Top usage examples:
- Search engine optimization. Read more.
- Proxy content of one web server through another web server. Read more.
- Prevent content leeching (direct linking). See example.
- Block specific hosts, referrers or annoying robots.
- Content negotiation - serving different files for different languages or different browsers. See example.
- Emulate load balancing for web cluster. See example.
- Free 45-day trial period.
- Single server (computer) license - $99.
- ISAPI_Rewrite Lite version is Freeware! (Read on specific limitations).
- Volume discounts available!