This forum has been moved here:
Helicon Tech Community Forum

ISAPI_Rewrite 3.0 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Helicon Tech : ISAPI_Rewrite 3.0
Subject Topic: Trial expired: Service Unavailable!?! (Topic Closed Topic Closed)
Author
Message |
Diac

Posted: 05 December 2007 at 3:28am  

I am really disappoined.

During the night my tryal expired and from all my websites i got "Service Unavailable". Either from websites where i didnt applied the filter.

I lost money for that cos of lost customers and payperclick campaigns.

When i figured out what was the problem i went fast to buy the product but... after the cc transaction the message is: ok wait kinda of 4 hours but dont worry... maximum 24 hours!!! I cant wait i am loosing money!

I had to unistall the product in order to solve the problem any try to restart iis or the entire server was useless.

That was not a nice way to let me buy the product... blocking all the server...

My order number is 169678065.
Back to Top Visit Diac's Homepage

Yaroslav
Admin Group

Posted: 05 December 2007 at 5:07am  

Please tell what product version you where installing and on what operating system? This was only a problem with ISAPI_Rewrite 2.x on a OS versions prior to Windows 2003. Because ISAPI_Rewrite 2.x uses a third party trial protection system we cannot control it's behavior 100% and on IIS 5 inability to load one of ISAPI fiters caused service unavailable error.
This problem should not uppear on ISAPI_Rewrite 3 on any windows version since it does not use this protection system and ISAPI_Rewrite 2.x on Windows 2003 and later.
So if you where using ISAPI_Rewrite 3 and this caused error then this could be a bug and should be investigated. Please check your Application and System logs to find a reason why IIS was unable to start.

Diac

Posted: 05 December 2007 at 6:29am  

Windows Server 2003 Web Edition. I was using the ISAPI_Rewrite 3 even the version 2 was installed too without problems on the same server but it was expired many months ago and we never used it.

The log errors are:

APPLICATION:
---------
Could not load all ISAPI filters for site/service.  Therefore startup aborted.
----------
The HTTP Filter DLL C:\Program Files\Helicon\ISAPI_Rewrite3\ISAPI_Rewrite.dll failed to load.  The data is the error.

#################

SYSTEM:
----------
Application pool 'MyAppPool' is being automatically disabled due to a series of failures in the process(es) serving that application pool.
----------
A process serving application pool 'MyAppPool' reported a failure. The process id was '5324'.  The data field contains the error number.
----------
etc.

Please can you do something to speed up the confirmation of my order and send me the registration code?

Edited by Diac - 05 December 2007 at 6:30am

Yaroslav
Admin Group

Posted: 05 December 2007 at 6:34am  

What is your OS version and configuration? Is there any web sites running in some compatibility mode?

Unfortunately I cannot affect order process. But if you send an e-mail to support@helicontech.com I will issue a temporary 45-day registration key for you.

Diac

Posted: 05 December 2007 at 6:45am  

Windows Server 2003 Web Edition and compatibiliy mode isnt running for any website.

Thank you i just sent the email.

Diac

Posted: 05 December 2007 at 8:38am  

I am still waiting, please do something...

Yaroslav
Admin Group

Posted: 05 December 2007 at 9:43am  

We have received no e-mails from you. I have just sent temporary registration key to the e-mail I have extracted from your forum account.

Can you please also tell as is it 64-bit version of Windows? Have you tried to install 32-bit version in a 64-bit environment?
It is rather strange because ISAPI_Rewrite 3 should not cause this error especially in Windows 2003 with trial expiration.
It is also probably that your experiencing this problem because of insufficient NTFS permissions for IIS to load filter dll file. Please make sure NTFS permissions are correct, please remove all Deny records on ISAPI_Rewrite installation folder and web sites folders if any.

Diac

Posted: 05 December 2007 at 12:38pm  

Yaroslav wrote:
We have received no e-mails from you. I have just sent temporary registration key to the e-mail I have extracted from your forum account.

I sent the email. Btw its ok i recived the code thx.

After the reinstallation all website, immediately, returned the Service Unavailable message but registering the software with your code all came back quite normally.

Quote:

Can you please also tell as is it 64-bit version of Windows? Have you tried to install 32-bit version in a 64-bit environment?

I rent this server from aruba.it and the OS was preinstalled.

Quote:

It is rather strange because ISAPI_Rewrite 3 should not cause this error especially in Windows 2003 with trial expiration.
It is also probably that your experiencing this problem because of insufficient NTFS permissions for IIS to load filter dll file. Please make sure NTFS permissions are correct

How?

Quote:

please remove all Deny records on ISAPI_Rewrite installation folder and web sites folders if any.

I never danyed any system user. Or maybe you mean something else?

Yaroslav
Admin Group

Posted: 06 December 2007 at 5:21am  

What was exact ISAPI_Rewrite 3 version (including build number) you where using? Have you tried to upgrade to the most current version?
We where unable to reproduce this problem in any local environment and I have no idea now how this is possible, so I would consider issue closed (since reg code resolved your problem) till no further such reports.

Diac

Posted: 11 December 2007 at 8:23am  

Hello thats me again.

The Version is 3_0028
Revision number is {E8A7BD45-B076-4504-92D0-964EAE593AAD}

Reading into the errore.log i see often this:
Begin watch directory changes - FAILED.

Now I give reading permission to user used by the application pool maybe this will solve the problem.

Anyway i tried 2 times to pay for the full version but the shareit system doesnt accept my cc... very strange i always use it anywhere without problems. I asked to them what the problem is but... still no reply. Can you help me for this issue too? I dont want wait for the end of this trial period too...

Thank you.

Diac

Posted: 11 December 2007 at 8:24am  

I forgot to say that Plesk, even i dont use it, is preinstalled on my system. Maybe this help.

Bye.

Edited by Diac - 11 December 2007 at 8:25am

Yaroslav
Admin Group

Posted: 12 December 2007 at 9:02am  

1) I suggest you to upgrade to the most current version, just in case.
2) These "Begin watch directory changes - FAILED." are not to indicate problem if you see these messages for not existent directories, it is only for debug. Remove LogLevel directive to reset it to default and you will not see this problem again.
3) Plesk is known to cause permissions problems. Remove Deny NTFS records from ISAPI_Rewrite installation folder and from web site folders.
4) Please identify your order somehow - ShareIt Referece ID would be the best, and I will ask ShareIt why it was rejected.

Diac

Posted: 12 December 2007 at 9:33am  

The order number is 169678065

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

Printable version Printable version