This forum has been moved here:
Helicon Tech Community Forum

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  HelpHelp   RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
HotlinkBlocker (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Helicon Tech : HotlinkBlocker
Subject Topic: Hotlinkblocker Stops Working
Author
Message |
BCAKC

Posted: 04 November 2011 at 11:31am

Occasionally, HLB stops working and all visitors see the error page. Rebooting the web server fixes the problem.

How can I restart HLB without restarting the server?

What can cause HLB to stop working? I do see frequent Event Viewer entries such as these:

Faulting application w3wp.exe, version 6.0.3790.3959, faulting module HotlinkBlocker1.dll, version 1.4.0.63, fault address 0x0002c61c.

and

Reporting queued error: faulting application w3wp.exe, version 6.0.3790.3959, faulting module HotlinkBlocker1.dll, version 1.4.0.63, fault address 0x0002c61c.

Anton
Admin Group

Posted: 07 November 2011 at 5:14am

Can you think of any software or any changes you've made that could cause HLB issues?
Can you recollect the moment the issues first occurred?

P.S. Is there any change for you to consider moving to IIS7 with .net, Helicon Ape mod_hotlink and other benefits?
HLB is too obsolete and our developers are hardly wishing to dig it...

BCAKC

Posted: 07 November 2011 at 11:11am

First happened in July. Does not happen often, but happened twice in October. Not aware of any software changes except regular Windows updates and revisions to my proprietary Web program.

Tried Ape a year ago and even bought the Helicon Premium Tech Support to help make it work. But Ape was not very compatible with my proprietary web program.

I do not blame the developers for not wanting to support old technology. For now, could you just tell me how to restart HLB without rebooting the server?

Thank you.

Anton
Admin Group

Posted: 08 November 2011 at 7:34am

If HLB crashes, there is no chance to revitalize it without iisreset.
But to make it smoother, please consider putting the site which uses HLB (if there's one or few of them) into the separate application pool.
Adjust this pool to recycle more often to avoid crashes. This might help you use HLB with less problems and your requests won't end up with
the error page.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

Printable version Printable version